Updated 18th August 2020
WHO ARE WE?
We are The Yorkshire Tile Company, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 1181030 and with our registered office at Hill Street, Bramall Lane, Sheffield, South Yorkshire, S2 4SP.
The Yorkshire Tile Company is the data controller. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION?
The information that you provide to us is required in order for us to:
• Fulfil your orders for products from us
• Provide you with offers and marketing information about products in which you may be interested
• For our monitoring of the use of the Yorkshire Tile Company website by users
• For profiling purposes so we can better tailor the website content to users browsing behaviour
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information provided by you
We may collect and process personal data that you give us such as registration information (e.g. for e-newsletters) or information to fulfil your order. When placing an order with us online, in store or over the telephone, we will ask for your email address and mobile telephone number so that we can send you information confirming your order.
Information automatically collected about you
When you visit the Yorkshire Tile Company website we may automatically collect certain information about your visit. This information will not allow you to be personally identified and includes the following: browser information, website user behaviour such as length of visit or page views.
We will only ask for your payment or credit card details if you are placing an order. We will never ask you to confirm or supply any account or credit card details via email or text message. If you receive such an email or text message, please do not respond and notify us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy of Children and special categories of personal data
We do not knowingly collect personal data from anyone under the age of 18, nor do we knowingly obtain or store any Special Categories of Personal Data, such as information about health or medical conditions, race or religious beliefs. If we are made aware that we have received information from anyone under the age of 18 or Special Categories of Personal Data, we will use reasonable efforts to locate and remove that information from our records.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Information provided by you
We may use personal data which you give to us as follows:
• To process and fulfil your orders effectively and to carry out any further obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• If you report a problem with your order, we may use your personal data to investigate that problem.
• To provide you with information that you have requested from us (e.g. e-newsletters) and to inform you of offers or other goods or services that may be of interest to you (but only where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes).
• To notify you about changes to our service. Information automatically collected about you We may use information which we automatically collect about you as follows:
• To administer the website and for internal operations such as to help diagnose problems with our server, trouble shoot, analyse data and other administrative purposes.
• To improve the website and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
• As part of our efforts to keep the website safe and secure.
• To improve the services we offer, make recommendations about goods or services that may be of interest to you and to develop marketing programs.
• We use information collected from the Yorkshire Tile Company website to profile the websites’ users. In particular relating to your history of browsing the site (collected through cookies).
WHAT MAY HAPPEN IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Placing an order
Many of the services that we offer are only made available if we have certain information about you. To access these services, you will, from time to time, be asked to submit personal data about yourself. If you do not provide that personal data, we will not be able to offer those services to you. For example, if you do not provide information about your method of payment or delivery address, we will not be able to complete your order with us.
Use of the Yorkshire Tile Company website
If you do not agree for us to use your personal information when you access the Yorkshire Tile Company website, you should not use the website.
CONSENT TO USE OF DATA FOR EMAIL MARKETING
The Yorkshire Tile Company email newsletters are used to inform subscribers about our products, services and offers. You can subscribe through our website should you wish to do so but do so at your own discretion. The Yorkshire Tile Company will never pass on your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes.
Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. Subscribers are given the opportunity to unsubscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign.
Email marketing campaigns published by The Yorkshire Tile Company may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no means a comprehensive list).
This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply you with more relevant content based around your activity.
COMPLYING WITH DATA PROTECTION LAW
We will comply with data protection law. At the heart of data protection laws are the “data protection principles” which say that the personal information we hold about you must be:
• used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes;
• relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes;
• accurate and kept up to date;
• kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about; and
• kept securely.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
The Yorkshire Tile Company will never pass on your personal information to a third party for marketing purposes, however we may occasionally share your personal information with our suppliers, service providers and other contractors to fulfil orders you place with us.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions, and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. When you proceed to make your purchase and your browser connects to the secure section of the site your browser window frame will show a padlock icon to indicate that you are entering a secure area.
If you are using a computer in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser down when you complete an online session for your security.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EU
The Yorkshire Tile Company will not transfer or share your personal data to any country outside the list of countries approved by the EU Commission as having appropriate safeguards for data transfers.
The Yorkshire Tile Company will not share your personal data with any third party organisation that transfers personal data to any country outside the list of countries approved by the EU Commission as having appropriate safeguards for data transfers.
HOW LONG WILL THE YORKSHIRE TILE COMPANY KEEP MY DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, you are welcome to contact us. You will find our contact details at the bottom of this page. If you notice any errors in your personal data, you have the right to have them corrected.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You are not always entitled to exercise each of these rights. The rights which you are entitled to exercise depend on several factors including the lawful basis on which we rely to use your personal data. Therefore, if you make a request to exercise a right which is not available to you, we have the right to decline the request.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact email@example.com in writing.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
If your information is currently being used to send you marketing communications, you can opt out at any time. All marketing email communications from The Yorkshire Tile Company tell you how to stop receiving them, or you can visit the unsubscribe page directly.
Right to complain to the ICO
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (the "ICO") if you are not satisfied with the way we use your information. You can contact the ICO by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
You are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution regarding their own privacy and personal details. The Yorkshire Tile Company will never ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
The Yorkshire Tile Company website uses social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy, please email us at: email@example.com