Important information on how we hold your personal details and how we use it.
Types of personal data
We hold personal data in the following categories:
Credit account customers data relating to invoicing, account addresses and contact details.
Retail customers names, telephone numbers and email data relating to ongoing customers’ orders.
Staff employment data.
Why we process personal data (what is the “purpose”)
“Process” means we obtain, store, update and archive data.
Credit account customer data is held for the purpose of invoicing, arranging deliveries and processing orders and general day to day business.
Retail customer’s data is held for the purpose of processing current customer’s orders, to arrange collection or delivery of orders and processing payments of orders.
Staff employment data is held in accordance with Employment, Taxation and Pensions law.
What is the lawful basis for processing personal data?
The Law says we must tell you:
1. We hold credit account customer data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
2. We hold retail customers data because it is in our legitimate interest to do so. Without holding the data we cannot work effectively.
3. Staff employment data because it is a legal obligation to do so.
Who might we share your data with?
We can only share data if it is done securely and it is necessary to do so. We will only ever share your data with your consent. We will never sell your data on.
You have the right to:
1. Be informed about the personal data we hold and why we hold it.
2. Access a copy of your data that we hold by contacting us directly, we will acknowledge your request and supply a response within one month or sooner.
3. Check the information we hold about you is correct and to make corrections if not.
4. Have your data erased in certain circumstances.
5. Transfer your data to someone else if you tell us to do so and it is safe and legal to do so.
6. Tell us not to actively process or update your data in certain circumstances.
7. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the link at the bottom of the email you receive.
How long is the personal data stored for?
1. We will store credit account customer’s data for as long as we are managing the account, and for 5 years after.
2. We will store retail customer’s personal data for 5 years after the initial transaction has completed.
3. We must store employment data for six years after an employee has left.
What if you are not happy or wish to raise a concern about our
Please speak to the Managing Director on 0114 2731133 who will discuss any concerns with you or you can contact GDC complaints department / Data protection concern – ICO.